Global terrorism search resource (and resource only): https://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/ (not covering PEP search)
PEP and sanction search resource (and resource only): https://namescan.io/ (first one hundred search free)
Sanction check (links from [HKICPA's Guidelines on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing for Professional Accountants]):
Other supplement background checking sites:
filing STR to JFIU:
- [Reporting Form in word] by JFIU
- Question: who should sign the STR?
- Answer: shall be compliance officer or can also sign with money laundering reporting officer together.
- the Joint Financial Intelligence Unit (JFIU) web site: https://www.jfiu.gov.hk/en/
- Telephone: (852) 2866 3366
- Fax: (852) 2529 4013
- email: email@example.com
- Post address: GPO Box 6555 Hong Kong
Minimum requirements for Practising CPA with only providing services other than those specified in paragraphs 600.2.1 or 600.2.2 (i.e., TCSP license inactive) [in accordance with Q&A on face-to-face 2019 Quality Assurance Seminar]:
- suspicious transaction reporting and financial sactions (sections 640, 650) (appointing an AML officer - refer to [HKICPA's FAQ])
- perform sanction check as discussed above.
[below is personal reference only]
AML company policy (Chinese version) sample [Download Link] (for reference only, may not enough in actual practise)
AML company policy (Chinese version) sample 2 [Download Link] (for reference only, may not enough in actual practise)
KYC form [Download Link] (for reference only, may not enough in actual practise)
[The download is only for 3 minutes' self-reference reading only. Please permanently delete in 3 minutes after downloand.]